In demonstration of this commitment, Chameleon Studios has signed up to the Good Business Charter, an accreditation scheme which organisations in the UK sign up to in recognition of responsible business practices and become a Living Wage Employer.
The Good Business Charter
The Good Business Charter measures our behaviour and performance across 10 component areas which holds us accountable to the commitments we have made:
- Real Living Wage: requires all employers to pay directly employed staff and regularly contracted staff the real living wage as set out by the Living Wage Foundation.
- Fairer Hours and Contracts: a fair approach to zero hours contracts, including fair shift scheduling and cancellation policies, and proper consideration given to contracts with guaranteed hours.
- Employee Well-Being: requires clear, fair and transparent policies that support and encourage employee well-being and remove unreasonable penalties for legitimate sickness.
- Employee Representation: requires all employers to engage with worker representatives and to ensure there is a voice that represents employees around the boardroom table.
- Diversity and Inclusion: requires businesses to evidence how they monitor the diversity of their workplace and their commitment to close the gender, disability and ethnicity pay gaps.
- Environmental Responsibility: requires businesses to commit to an environmental policy to demonstrate they are committed to reducing their environmental impact and continually improving their environmental performance.
- Pay Fair Tax: requires businesses to commit to paying their taxes, not to engage in tax avoidance and commit to be transparent in their relationship with HMRC.
- Commitment to Customers: The Good Business Charter requires businesses to publish their commitment to their customers on their website. Businesses will be expected to gather and monitor customer feedback and report on the results to their board.
- Ethical Sourcing: requires businesses to commit to the standards set out in the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code for sourcing through a process of continuous due diligence.
- Prompt Payment to Suppliers: We are committed to paying our suppliers promptly, and within at least 30 days. We have also signed up to the government’s Prompt Payment Code in November 2022.